Terms and Conditions
This TACSO website (the “Website”), including the Blue Tourism Resource Portal (“ BTRP”) is owned by The Ocean Foundation (hereafter referred to as “We”).
The Terms and Conditions of this Website might be changed from time to time and will be updated on this page.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
TACSO may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time, at any time without notice to you, by posting such changes on the Website. We encourage you to periodically review this Terms and Conditions to be informed of how We are protecting your information. Your continued use of this Website following the posting of changes to this Policy will mean you accept those changes.
The Terms and Conditions apply to all persons who access the Website (hereafter referred to as “User” or “Users” or “you”).
Copyright and Use of Materials
General content from this Website is owned by TACSO. The resources displayed on the BTRP page are either open source, has been included by the owner of the tool or provides adequate credit to the source of the tool.
You agree to not alter or remove any copyright symbol or other identification concerning authorship of any of the material contained on or otherwise made available to you from this Website.
Images may not be reproduced in any form without the explicit written permission of TACSO.
Textual Content can be reproduced for all non-commercial purposes as long as you provide attribution to the author and original source.
Videos can be shared via the Youtube link.
However videos may not be reproduced in any other form without the explicit written permission of IUCN.
Third Party Copyright
To the extent that copyright subsists in a third party it remains with the original owner and written permission shall be required to reuse the material.
Interactive Areas and User Materials
This Website may include blogs, User-generated content or other interactive areas or services (“Interactive Areas”), in which you or other Users create, post or store any content “User Materials”. You are solely responsible for your use of such Interactive Areas and use them at your own risk. By using any Interactive Areas, you agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through the Website any of the following:
- User Materials that are unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
- User Materials that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- User Materials that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- User Materials that impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- promotions, advertising or solicitations;
- viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files; and
- User Materials that, in the sole judgment of TACSO, are objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Interactive Areas or the Website, or which may expose TACSO and The Ocean Foundation or its Users to any harm or liability of any type.
We are not liable for any statements, representations or User Materials in any Interactive Area. Although we have no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any of the User Materials posted in any Interactive Area, we reserve the right, and have absolute discretion, to remove, screen or edit any User Materials posted or stored on the Website at any time and for any reason without notice. Any use of the Interactive Areas or other portions of the Website in violation of the foregoing violates these Terms and may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your rights to use the Interactive Areas and/or the Website.
We do not claim ownership of User Materials. Unless we indicate otherwise, you grant TACSO a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such User Materials on or in connection with the Website. By posting or submitting User Materials to any Interactive Areas or other portions of the Website, you grant TACSO the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such User Materials.
You represent and warrant that:
- you own and control all of the rights to the User Materials that you post or you otherwise have the right to post such User Materials to the Website;
- the User Materials are open source or you have given proper credit to the authors and owners of the tools;
- the User Materials are accurate and not misleading; and
- use and posting of the User Materials you supply does not violate the Terms and Conditions and will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity.
If you are under 18, be sure to obtain your parent’s or guardian’s permission before you access the Website. We encourage parents to get involved with their children’s use of the internet and to be aware of the activities in which they are participating.
If you use forms on the Website to provide information, register interest, or purchase publications, the information you provide will not be used for purposes other than that for which it was provided.
We seek feedback from our Users in order to improve the service offered by the Website. However, you agree not to use the Website to transmit any material that is unlawful, harmful, defamatory, abusive, threatening, vulgar or obscene.
We record the feedback in a database. The information received will only be used for the purpose for which it was requested and will not be distributed further, or disclosed, without your consent.
This Website provides information free of charge for the benefit of the public. We monitor the quality of the information available on the Website and update the information regularly.
We do not guarantee, and accept no liability whatsoever arising from or connected to, the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any material included on the Website or on any linked external sites.
We recommend that Users exercise their own skill and care with respect to their use of the Website and that Users carefully evaluate the accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance of the material on the Website for their purposes.
The material on the Website may include views or recommendations of third parties which do not necessarily reflect the views of IUCN or indicate its commitment to a particular course of action.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold TACSO and The Ocean Foundation harmless from and against any claims, losses, liabilities and/or damages made or sustained by third parties arising out of or related to your conduct, your use or inability to use the Website, your breach or alleged breach of these Terms and Conditions, or your violation of any other rights.
Governing Law, Disputes
Any dispute, controversy or claim arising under or pursuant to these Terms and Conditions shall be settled by mutual agreement between The Ocean Foundation and the User.
If The Ocean Foundation and the User are unable to reach agreement amicably, the dispute, controversy or claim shall be submitted to the competent courts of Washington, DC, USA. The applicable law shall be American law.
If you have any questions about any of these Terms and Conditions please contact us at